States we have visited so far!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lucy's Rear & Side View Camera System, Part 2

Today I pushed all the wires through from the outside into the back closet and attached the camera (which is attached to the license plate holder), the license plate holder and license plate back on to Ms. Lucy, my motorhome.    The camera is just below the license light and on the top of the license plate holder.


I spent about an hour trying to decide just where I wanted to drill a hole to get the wires under Lucy.  I was hoping that I could run the wires along other wires already going through the flooring.  No such luck.  You can't believe all the stuff that is under a motorhome!  I certainly didn't want to drill into the gas tank or brake lines or other things so I took my time choosing just the right place.  Since the camera is on the driver side back and the wires go into the closet I decided on a nice location in the floor of the closet but away from everything else underneath.  But a motorhome is very economical with space and everything is tiny, hard to get at or just decorative and not solid. It was very cramped but I managed to drill the hole!

The picture is from underneath Ms. Lucy.

So now all the wires are pulled through and tomorrows afternoon job will be to put the wires in a plastic protective sleeve and install the 27' under Lucy.  Then I have to figure just exactly how I am going to get it up inside the cab to the fuse box.  There are wires already from the trailer hitch so I plan to just follow them up.  So nice to be retired and don't have to worry how long this Grandma takes to get this done!


 Signed,
 Grandma

1 comment: