States we have visited so far!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rear View Camera System, part 3

This afternoon DH and I did a temporary hook up of the camera system.  With all the tweaking of the wires yesterday we needed to know if everything still worked.  Unfortunately I didn't think of taking pictures, but the bottom line is.....Rear camera still works!  And it comes in in color....an added bonus.

I didn't tell you about the side camera.  After the cheapie monitor didn't work I splurged and bought a more expensive system with a 7" monitor and really nice camera from Rear View Safety Co.  Cheapie camera just happens to work on this system also so I will have both rear and side views!

I went up on the ladder with the side camera on the passenger side near the front leg of the awning.  I had the monitor where I could see it and marked where the camera needs to be mounted.  It can see the whole side of Lucy, nice and clear.  The  hole for the camera wire will go through the wall into a cabinet just behind the passenger seat area.  I plan to run that wire through the cabinet, down the corner of the wall to the floor and under the carpet to the power pak.  Surely didn't want to run it under the motorhome side to side because it would have to go past some hot things under there. 

Side Note 1:  The previous owner of Lucy, aka The Motorhome, and The Beast by Grandson Luke, had installed a Tekonsha Voyager Brake Control.  It had been installed using 2 of the fuse spots, right where I want to install the camera power.  So after much stewing about it I decided jut to unplug and remove the thing.  I will keep it and the wires will be there but it is out of my sight for now.  I intend to put the camera power pak there instead. 

Side Note 2:  Unfortunately the cigarette lighter doesn't work.  The fuse was blown and we replaced it but that didn't fix the problem.  So that will have to be looked into. If we get it working I will use it for the GPS.  If we don't get it working I have a work-around for the GPS.


No comments:

Post a Comment