States we have visited so far!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Rear & Side Camera System, Part 4

This morning I enclosed the video co-axel cable and the power cable from the rear camera in a sheathing cable.  It took a while, Lucy is 27 ft long.  I pulled back the rug in front of the drivers seat to figure out just where I am going to come up from underneath into the cab.  There are several possibilities.  First I have to go under and explore the best option from there.  I have this little issue that I don't like to do that kind of thing with any guys around, being a gal and all.  So I just might wait until Monday when all males are gone before I do that part of the job, plus secure the cable all the way from the back to the front.



ProFlex RV
The ProFlex arrived today so when I am all done with the camera installation I will caulk ProFlex into the holes where the wires go in and out of Lucy.  The idea is to protect the wires from wear and keep out the weather. There are a few other places for the ProFlex also.

When I bought Lucy I knew absolutely nothing about RVs at all.  So I spent a lot of time on the internet researching so I could understand all the different systems involved.  I first looked into rubber roof repairs.  There were several areas on the roof that had been sealed with silicone, a BIG no-no with rvs.  Silicone does not stick to rubber roofs or fiberglass, two big ingredients in rvs.

ProFlex is just like silicone caulk but sticks to materials silicone doesn't.   It was developed for RVs.  I get it from CampingWorld.com.  It's about $15 a tube and it comes in clear.    I ended up putting a new Liquid Roof on Ms. Lucy, but caulked all the windows, etc with ProFlex. 

Signed,
 Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment