States we have visited so far!

Monday, June 18, 2012

DAY 8 - San Angela, TX to Perdernales St Pk, Tx

We left the San Angelo's Knickerbocker KOA.  
The swimming pool was Awesome!
 That was such a wonderful KOA, wish we had more time to stay there. The people were so nice. 
 


We took off and this day was mostly just a drive day.  Boy, Texas is really beautiful.  I was surprised.  I thought it was going to be all brown, flat and boring but it isn't at all.  Wild flowers everywhere.  I love Texans, too.  They had personality in everything they do.  They really, I mean really, love their state.  There are Texan flags everywhere and the lone star everywhere.  Homes and business.  It feels really neat to be in a state that is so proud and united as one.  Very cool!

We landed at Perdernales State Park.  

 Wow!  Incredibly beautiful.  We are basically in a rain forest.  It is so hot and humid and the bugs are everywhere.  

The noise from the bugs is really loud! We are thinking they are Cicades, what ever they are they are big and loud and everywhere.  It was really creepy.  I wasn't so sure I wanted to camp here but then we went down to the river and oh, wow! It was incredibly beautiful and the water was like a warm bath.


  It felt sooo good.  I managed to get some one-on-one time with Timothy and Mandy and I really enjoyed that. 

I must admit though. with all the creepy bugs, I was really happy to leave this park and hit the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment